Opinel No 08 Studio Black Stainless Steel Folding Everyday Carry Locking Pocket Knife with Oak Wood Handle
On Sale Now! Save 2% on the Opinel No 08 Studio Black Stainless Steel Folding Everyday Carry Locking Pocket Knife with Oak Wood Handle by Opinel at Richard Slowry. MPN: O002172. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Our classic folding knife is a design icon. Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the No. 8 is an international bestseller. Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic. Keep it in your desk for workday lunches. Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s'mores. With an easy-to-maintain stainless steel blade, this knife is ready for wherever your adventures might take you. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed do
Product Description & Reviews
Our classic folding knife is a design icon. Simple and beautiful, sharp and durable, the No. 8 is an international bestseller. Tuck it into your pocket for a picnic. Keep it in your desk for workday lunches. Carve into charcuterie, cheese, or a crisp apple, or whittle a stick for campfire s'mores. With an easy-to-maintain stainless steel blade, this knife is ready for wherever your adventures might take you. Opinel knives are designed to stand the test of time; some carry Opinel knives handed down from parents and grandparents. Follow a few simple instructions to ensure your knife lasts for years to come. You should... Hand-wash after each use Wipe the blade dry Store in a dry place and keep out of damp conditions Expect the wooden handle to swell or contract slightly with use; wood is a living material that can be affected by humidity and atmospheric conditions. If your blade feels stuck, use the "Opinel knock" - rapping the end of the knife on a hard surface - to loosen the blade slightly Grease the metal parts, including the Virobloc locking mechanism, on a regular basis Use a whetstone or other fine-grain natural stone to sharpen your blade. Make sure the blade is dry and clean, and hold the sharpening stone at an approximately 20-degree angle from the blade while sharpening You should NOT... Put your knife in the dishwasher Use bleach or chlorine to clean your knife Leave your knife in wet or damp conditions for extended periods of time Product Specifications: Blade length: 8.5 cm/3.35 inches Materials: Stainless steel blade, oak handle Versatile in its use, classic in its design and construction, the Opinel No. 8 has been carried - and appreciated - by generations. A classic pocket knife designed to stand the test of time.
Features & Highlights
- Simple, sturdy, efficient and easy to use, this essential tool remains unchanged since 1890 but is unmatched in its design. Raw material and colors may vary from one collection to another, but its style remains deeply steeped in history and tradition. This timeless knife is for people who enjoy the outdoors, and is a must-have tool for professional or amateur handymen. It is used everywhere from the garden to the table, a knife that is given as a gift and passed down to loved ones.
- Opinel's stainless steel blades are made of Sandvik 12C27 modified stainless steel. It is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chromium and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge. Each blade is stamped with the "Crowned Hand" mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Thanks to its high tannin content, the oak wood handle is extremely resistant to insects and fungi. It has a yellow-brown appearance, with regular veining. To prevent a negative impact on the environment (pollution from transport, deforestation ...), 95% of the wood for handles comes from sustainably managed French forests.
- Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the No 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
Folding Hunting Knives
Studio Black Stainless Steel Blade/Oak Handle
N 08 - 3.35 in (8.5 cm) Blade
Tools & Home Improvement
0 x 0 x 0 inches
9.69 x 1.34 x 14.33 inches
Have questions about this item (O002172), or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Opinel, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
Related Best Sellers
mpn: 556-BLU-S30V, ean: 0610953183851,
The Mini Griptilian 556 is small, fierce and features a drop-point blade crafted from American made CPM-S30V stainless steel for exceptional edge retention and corrosion resistance. The blade is coupled with our super-durable (and fully ambidextrous)...
mpn: 940S, ean: 0610953114190,
Highly regarded as one of the most quintessential EDCs of all time, the 940, 940-1, and 943 are slim, stylish and after over a decade have performed in just about any situation imaginable. –SPECS: Designer: Osborne | Mechanism: AXIS | Action: Manua...
mpn: 940, ean: 0610953114183,
A quintessential, do-everything EDC tool, the 940 features a reverse Tanto blade crafted with American made CPM-S30V steel for exceptional edge retention and corrosion resistance. The handle is durable, lightweight, fully ambidextrous, and made with ...
mpn: FF25-CP, ean: 0088021803169,
The escape is a great everyday knife with a high-quality 3. 4” partially serrated stainless steel blade and tough Aluminum handle perfectly suited for the home and the jobsite – and it also happens to be a formidable emergency tool with several U...